SACID is the peak body for Intellectual Disability in South Australia and a not-for-profit organisation. Our mission is to work towards an inclusive and accessible community where people with intellectual disability are involved and accepted as equal participating members.
When you partner with SACID and employ our services, this helps us grow one step closer to achieving our mission.
SACID can offer a number of tailored inclusive services to your organisation:
SACID delivers Intellectual Disability Awareness and Inclusion workshops to community groups, businesses and corporate members.
This workshop will help to improve your understanding of intellectual disability and how you can be inclusive.
Co-presented by a person with intellectual disability, this workshop will give you valuable insight and advice from someone with lived experience!
Tailored ‘Inclusion best practice in the workplace’ training.
Learn how to:
- Co-design and present information in accessible formats.
- Develop accessible policies and procedures.
- Provide organisational recommendations and solutions to increase inclusiveness.
- Have real representation of your client groups at all levels of your organisation.
It is a human right to have information in a way that is easy to understand!
Reach a wider audience and increase your customer base by having your documents in Easy Read versions. From policies and procedure, brochures, surveys and even video and audio into publications – we will do all the work for you!
- Focus groups and document testing by our Inclusion Advisory team, led by people with intellectual disability.
- Website testing.
- Ensure your idea will work and your product is accessible before spending time and money on an inaccessible product.
Easy Read workshops for your organisation
- Learn about Easy Read and how to develop your own Easy Read documents.
- Includes developing and testing your own Easy Read document.
- Available face to face or online.
Some of the organisations we have worked with previously include:
- South Australia Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI)
- Wellbeing SA
- Various South Australian Councils
SACID team members are experienced public speakers and may be available to speak at work or community events.
Engage a guest speaker with lived experience of intellectual disability as:
- Keynote speaker.
- Guest lecturer.
FREE Workshops for your clients/participants
Get In Touch
Call us on 08 83524416 or email email@example.com to chat about your needs and achieve your inclusion goals!